So all babies sleep safely
Champions for Children is a proud partner of a regional program, Sleeptight, which provides safe sleep education and a portable crib at no cost to parents in need of a safe sleeping space for their baby. We are proud to assist in Sleeptight’s mission- to create a community culture that embraces safe infant sleep through collaboration, partnership and action. For further information on how you can help cultivate a safe sleeping environment for babies here in Hampton Roads, please visit the Sleeptight website!
ABC’s of Safe Sleep
Safe Sleep Tips
- Avoid smoking around the baby. Smoke in the air or on clothes is dangerous for the baby.
- Adult beds, couches, chairs and car seats are not safe for the baby to sleep.
- If you are tired while holding the baby, place baby back in the crib.
- Breastfeed, if you are able.
- Offer baby a pacifier (without a strong attached)
- Make sure everyone that cares for the baby follows these safe sleep tips.